About Trips With Us
What to expect on a trip to RMISF children’s home? Noise and lots of it, from laughter to crying and everything in-between. When you hear them laughing it is absolutely contagious. When you hear them crying it touches your heart because you know that they have people who love and care about them and who are there for them.
What will you be doing while you are here? You’ll be playing, hugging, reading, singing, dancing, and holding babies. If you are a teacher you can help out in the school. Doctors, nurses, dentist and any kind of medical field experience are welcome to our clinic. Now, you who love to work with your hands we have plumbing, carpentry, all around handyman stuff you won’t get bored. Gardeners and farmers you have 20 acres to play in. Love to cook? Come help our cooks with new menu ideas.
Individuals going on short-term missions with Rehema Ministries (dba In Step Foundation) must be covered by health insurance, cost will vary depending on age (the older we are the higher the premium). We use IMG (International Missions Insurance), but others are available for comparison. This is not an option if you are going on a team. When you work in Kenya there are a number of shots that are required most of these are not covered by insurance (check with your local county health department).
If you are interested in going on a mission trip then please fill out the Introduction Application Form. We have a variety of team projects that we would love your help working on. With the Official Application you will receive a Skills Inventory to complete to assist us in matching your skills and experiences with our projects. Whatever project you decide on for your team, you will be responsible to raise the funds to do your portion of the project. If you are planning a VBS or any other similar project please bring everything you need to make it possible. If you’re just coming to visit and hold kids, we welcome you. All our visitors pay room and board which is explained in the application process.
After you fill out the Introduction Application Form we will be contacting you with further information and forms to fill out. Also, in preparation for your trip, it is important to read and understand the Policies of Rehema Ministries for visiting missionary teams and individuals. For those considering long term mission visits of 6 months or more, please review the Long Term Missionary Policies. Here is a peek preview of the forms you will be expected to complete before you travel:
- Short-Term Mission Application
- Long-Term Mission Application (stay longer than 6 months)
- Short-Term Medical/Dental Mission Application
- Notarized Letter of Clearance (criminal background check) through your local City/County Police or Sheriff Department.
- “Hold Harmless Agreement” referred to as the Waiver and Assumption of Risk
- Turn in three Reference Forms from one of your parents (if under 18), a pastor(s), another mission organization, or church member(s).
All the above will be mailed to Rehema Ministries. After we receive your completed application we will contact you. Please make sure that you indicate a preference for travel dates on your application.
You will receive two packets of information to get you ready and help you get to Africa. The first packet leads you through Getting Set To Go includes information and step by step processes for:
First Packet includes these forms for you to submit:
- STM Application (full) – Regular or Medical/Dental
- Notarized Letter of Clearance from City/County Police Department (aka) Criminal Background Check with fingerprint identification
- Letters of recommendation (3)
- Waiver and Assumption of Risk, aka Hold Harmless Agreement
- Skills Inventory
- Review of Policies
Submit all the above and Receive Final Acceptance to Visit the In Step Children’s Home
Also, the packet contains information to help navigate the following areas:
- Valid Passport
- Kenya Visa Application
- Special Permit Application
- Immunizations and Malaria
- Airline Tickets
- Travel Insurance
- Room & Board Costs
- Send Laptop Donation Per Team For Cleaning And Get Ready
- List Of Projects To Indicate Interest In
- Donation of Supplies Needed
The Second packet is All About Going and includes helpful travel information for:
- Packing List
- Laundry Service
- Dress Code
- Swahili Words for Fun
- General Travel Info
- Food First Week – Sample Menu And Eldoret Shopping List
- Arriving – Nairobi Connection: What To Expect
- Airport pickup,
- Transfer to Eldoret
- Eldoret stop
- Food shopping
- Cell phones
- Leaving – Your Story and Photos
NOTE: DO NOT book your airline tickets until your application for a visit has been accepted and space is available on your desired visit dates.
We look forward to your visit and service at the In Step Children’s Home. As you go through the process, questions will arise that we can help answer. Please feel free to be in touch with the Rehema Ministries Mission Team Coordinator for assistance at email@example.com.