WE RESCUE ORPHANED, ABANDONED AND ABUSED CHILDREN IN KENYA
501 (c)(3) Domestic non-profit Corporation
Rehema Ministries, (Trade Names)
Rehema In Step and In Step Foundation Kenya,
The mission is to protect, love, educate, and provide medical and long-term care to the abandoned and orphaned children who come to live with us at In Step Children’s Home in Kenya.
• We are debt-free.
• We have clear title deed to our 20 acres of land located in the Cherangani Hills region of Kenya.
• We have built a 5,600 sq. ft. building with a 110 ft. veranda that is the main housing. It is over flowing with children. The first floor of the Dorm is up and we are working on the rest as funds come in. The first two rooms of our school are in use and playground area has been constructed. This is an ongoing project as the kids grow (we need two more rooms). The Medical Center is almost done. We need floor tile, bathroom fixtures, water tank/tower and hook up to the electricity.
• We tapped into an underground river that now provides us with pure, clean drinking water. We offer free water to the surrounding community every morning. With water we can now grow year round. A visiting team built two greenhouses in the spring of 2011.
• We currently have 150 children as of October 21, 2014. Our average growth is two children per month. We are the largest employer in Sibanga, Kenya, employing widows, single moms, field workers, building teams and security guards.
• We have ongoing construction projects as funds become available.
• While other ministries have come along side us to provide assistance, for which we are grateful, we are in no way affiliated with any other organization operating in the US, Canada, or Kenya unless otherwise stated on this website.
• That each child would be sponsored to ensure all needs are met. Some of our kids will require lifetime care due to their disabilities; others will hopefully catch our vision and continue what we have started.
• Continue to build family-style dorms so that no child will be turned away due to lack of space.
• Long-term construction goals: cafeteria, preschool, school and technical training center. We hope to build two classrooms a year to keep up with our growing children.
• Become self-sustained by opening to the public the clinic, private school and technical training center.
The estimate for fully orphaned children (having no parental care at all) is placed at 18.52 million worldwide and 60 million abandoned. These numbers are based on Orphan Estimates published by the United Nations Children’s Fund 2009 (UNICEF & CHA). (I am sure this has gone up.) Help us help the children.
We are making a difference, help us change their World!
Population of the United States, as of September 7, 2012, is approximately 314,325,838. What would happen if even half of these people gave a dollar or more a month? Together, we could change the World! Not everyone can go, but they can help people like us who would keep building and bringing kids in to a safe environment.
Our family has grown! We now have 150 children as of October 21, 2014. We are the largest employer in our area. Our goal is to hire widows and single moms whenever possible. Read More…
The school house is being built 2 rooms at a time. This is our second set of rooms, for our permanent school house for 2013